[Sugar-devel] [Bugs] #1117 NORM: Image collection from Museum of Fine Arts in Boston

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Sat Aug 1 08:58:09 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 12:33:22PM -0000, SugarLabs Bugs wrote:
> #1117: Image collection from Museum of Fine Arts in Boston
> ----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
>     Reporter:  walter       |          Owner:  tomeu
>         Type:  enhancement  |         Status:  new
>  If anyone is interested in taking it on, I have permission from the Museum
>  of Fine Arts in Boston to distribute 100 pictures from their collection
>  --kid-oriented images. We never finished packaging them while I was at
>  OLPC, but it would make a nice content bundle to include.
>
>  I will need to review the final packaging details with the Museum, but I
>  suspect that they will be more than willing to let us distribute them as
>  part of Sugar, not just part of OLPC.

I guess we should speed up process of creating library.sugarlabs.org in
that case.

I see two points here:
* merge(in some form) Objects Bundles [1] to last sugar and backport it
  to 0.84(0.82?)
* choosing the way to deploy these Object Bundles [2]

In case of [1], in email thread[3] there are suggestions to utilize
existed(non-sugar) data formats to packages Objects Bundles, I think
we can start from simple(and already utilized in sugar) INI .info
format. Later(even in 0.86 release cycle), after getting feedback of
using library.sugarlabs.org we can switch to something different.

In case of [2], I've heard about two(?) options:
* Moodle on XS
* Mozilla framework which already using for ASLO

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Object_Bundles
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Server_Objects_Sharing
[3] http://www.mail-archive.com/sugar-devel@lists.sugarlabs.org/msg06874.html

--