[Sugar-devel] Sugar on LTSP

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sat Apr 25 12:36:58 EDT 2009

Hello,

I had a conversation with our tech folks on campus yesterday, and
Sugar via LTSP (http://www.ltsp.org/) came up. The original discussion
was about LTSP and thin and fat clients, but this group is in the
College of Education, so the conversation drifted towards Sugar. We've
 talked about this before, but I'll poke the embers again. Is Sugar
usable via LTSP? Espcially the collaborative part via ejabberd?

We plan on having a Jaunty-based showcase running in three weeks or
so. If Sugar is usable in that environment, we'll definitely push for
it in this lab. The lab is used by faculty and students from early
childhood ed. and other departments inb CoE. They'd love to bring in
teachers and children from local schools to showcase it.

I'm cc'ing David Van Assche in case he's not on this list (highly
doubtful, though). I am currently using his fatclient script
(http://www.nubae.com/ltsp-linux-terminal-server-project-netbooted-fat-client-for-ubuntu-hardy-and-intrepid)
on Intrepid+GNOME.

cheers,
Sameer