[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Resuming Snapshot Creation

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Fri Apr 24 22:15:04 EDT 2009

On 25 Apr 2009, at 01:39, Martin Dengler wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:29:21PM +0100, Gary C Martin wrote:
>> On 24 Apr 2009, at 21:56, Martin Dengler wrote:
>>
>>> I think you're looking for /home/liveuser/.Xclients:
>>>
>>> http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/soas/repos/mainline/blobs/master/sugar.ks#line56
>>
>> Thanks Martin, that's what I was looking for :-) but a live
>> soas2-20090423.vmdk doesn't seem to have that . file.
>
> Did you check /etc/init.d/livesys ?  That's the file by which
> /home/liveuser/.Xclients is created.  It was a bit ambiguous whether
> you were working from the home dir (running system) or not...

Thanks for the hint, but yea, I'd greped through the /etc/init.d
scripts and found nothing Sugary going on in there. FWIW, there's no
livesys script. This may well be something new related to vmdk that's
being used here, I've seen vdi images before and even just booted from
the iso, as is (for quick tests), but first time I've seen/tried a vmdk.

--Gary