[Sugar-devel] SoaS on XO issues for discussion

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 06:47:42 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> It's normal that people think "SugarLabs is shipping Soas and it
> doesn't work on the XO, are they abandoning their only user base?".
>
> I think we should be more careful in thinking where we spend the
> resources or we won't be able to focus on what we think is important.

Overall, I have to agree it's a very tough spot. Most apps are pretty
self-contained, but desktops are all about integration, and have a ton
of surface ("interdependencies").

> Similarly to how a software developer should double his initial

To go further, I'd say that for desktop work, bugfixing and
maintainership is 10x higher than in any conventional sw developers
are familiar with.

But enough talking about stuff I don't actually know about. I have a
server to build ;-)

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions