[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Resuming Snapshot Creation

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 20:26:51 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian at when.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> after our most recent beta release, we've now a new image ready for you!
> This is the first of a number of snapshots on our road to another real
> SoaS release. Links to the iso image, as well as the archive with the
> appliance are provided below.

Thank you.

> http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/2/Soas2-200904231400.iso

I have just spent several hours working with this in kvm/qemu, and
putting my results on

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Getting_Involved/Testing/Soas2-200904231400

Now that I'm done with the first pass, I'm going to install Ubuntu
9.04 and try it again. Then I'll see about tracking down the missing
NumPy modules, working with sound and if possible video, and, again if
possible, working on lesson plans using the latest and greatest.

> http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/appliances/soas2-20090423.zip
>
> Note that this is heavily 'work in progress'. Here are the news:
>
> * It's now again based again on Rawhide, as we move on.
>
> * The Labyrinth, Paint, Record and TamTam activities have been included.
>
> * Further news regarding an easier process of gathering feedback on
> system configurations is coming up. Please stay tuned!
>
> We've also a number of known issues in this snapshot:
>
> * etoys needs to be rebuilt to get sound working.
>
> * the tamtam activities still need to be fav'ed.
>
> Currently, early plannings for the upcoming release are taking place.
> Please give this image a try and report the issues you come along.
>
> Thanks and happy testing!

And Children are my nation.