[Sugar-devel] GSoC proposal: version support for data store and Journal

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Thu Apr 16 05:57:05 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 01:17:17PM +0200, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> And... we're moving away from generic-ising Sugar's main contact
> points. Whatever happened with the idea of riding on gnome's overahaul
> of the file picker / manager?
I think we are currently running ahead of Gnome and do the research
work. Once we figured out how it works best (which will take at least
another major change as legacy app support is out of scope for my GSoC
project), we can join forces with them.
Of course that doesn't prevent us watching them and adopting part of
their work if it's already useful to us. We have to care about which
platforms / distro releases Sugar runs on as well, though, so using
bleeding edge code must be considered carefully.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/