[Sugar-devel] Educational Toolkit Proposal Updated

Deepank Gupta deepankgupta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 21:59:05 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have recently updated my proposal at :
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Educational_Toolkit . Added some diagrams and
technical details along with summary of discussions and comments on the
webapp. Looking forward to comments and criticism from the community.

Also, I had two questions, the first though is purely non-technical but
still important enough to warrant some discussion. In the Educational
Toolkit, what kind of focus does the software need to have? Does it need to
be test-oriented or should it be more collaborative and constructive
learning. I am leaning towards the second option, as I am against the rote
learning system followed these days in classrooms. Thus I wanted to ask, if
I need to provide support for marking system in the software or not. Tell me
your views regarding the same.

Secondly, in the proposal given by Benjamin Schwartz titled GroupThink, he
mentions that the current sharing of the Write Activity is not fault
tolerant whenever there is a fault either in the network or in the
inititating node itself. I want to ask is it a problem inherent of the
underlying infrastructure i.e. the routing protocol involved in the ad-hoc
mesh network or is the problem superficial and introduced due to badly
written APIs. How can I avoid the same while developing my activity?

Thanks
Deepank