[Sugar-devel] [RELEASE] Labyrinth-5

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sat Apr 11 04:44:33 EDT 2009

Hi Michael,

On 11 Apr 2009, at 06:48, Michael Stone wrote:

>> P.S. One notable bug for XO 8.2 distro users, is that adding images
>> from the Journal is currently broken (bumping into rainbow), adding
>> images works fine on sugar-jhbuild and should be fine on Soas distros
>> and xo-rawhide (though I haven't tested there just yet).
>
> Gary,
>
> Could you please send me a link to a ticket with logs?

Sorry if I wasn't clear, it's not a Rainbow bug, but an issue I need
to fix in Labyrinth. I had a few early passes at fixing Journal image
import integration but not quite there yet. Basically the issue is
that Labyrinths image loading code is buried deep down in multiple
levels of class and/or Python modules, so I don't have obvious access
to the various Activity name spaces for knowing where is safe to save.

Line 51 if you want a quick peek:
	http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/labyrinth/repos/mainline/blobs/master/src/ImageThought.py

Let me take another shot (might have some time on Sunday), alsroot
made some changes here after my initial attempts, but I think he was
fixing something else, need to catch up with what he was after.

Regards,
--Gary