[Sugar-devel] Survey of FOSS Developers

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Thu Apr 9 21:56:00 EDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Deborah Elizabeth Finn <deborah_elizabeth_finn at post.harvard.edu>
Date: Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 6:15 PM
Subject: [501 Tech Club Boston] FW: Can you help spread work to any FOSS
developers you know
To: Information Systems Forum <information_systems_forum at yahoogroups.com>
Cc: The Boston 501 Tech Club <501techclub-boston at groups.nten.org>

-----original message------
From: Felicia Sullivan <felicia at oc-tech.org>
Date: Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Subject: Can you help spread work to any FOSS developers you know

Perhaps some of you can help spread the word:

For wide distribution

I'm a PhD student in public policy at UMass Boston doing research on
what motivates members of free and open source software communities.

I'm looking at ways that public policy could increase the quantity and
quality of contributions to free software and open source software
(defined as projects with an approved open source license -
http://opensource.org/).

I have a professor that says if I can provide some convincing data on
how to best support free and open source software, he thinks he can
get the ideas on President Obama's desk. I am conducting a survey -
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=SA1BorCQ_2b9E6NSE_2bNCKavw_3d_3d
and I need over 500 responses by May 1st in order to answer my key
research questions.

One lucky respondent will have $100 donated to the FOSS project of their
choice.

Questions about this survey can be directed to me at
felicia.sullivan at umb.edu. Thanks for your input.

Acknowledgement

I want to thank my FOSS developer go-to-guys -- Dan MacNeil, Peter
Bull, Stéphane Alnet, and Bill de la Vega -- for providing critical
feedback on this survey.

--
_______________

|  Technology and training to advance and sustain social change  |

Felicia M. Sullivan
Organizers’ Collaborative
felicia at oc-tech.org
http://organizerscollaborative.org
617.848.9513 [ voice / fax ]

Gtalk/Jabber:  felicia.oc at gmail.com
AIM:  forge66
Skype;  forge66
Linkedin:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/feliciasullivan

~~~----~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Affinity Group Links:

 • To reply to sender (Deborah Elizabeth  Finn):
  deborah_elizabeth_finn at post.harvard.edu

 • To view sender's profile:
  http://groups.nten.org/profile.htm?mode=vp&pid=42601

 • To visit this affinity group on the web, go to:
  http://groups.nten.org/group.htm?igid=6531

 • To send email to entire affinity group:
  501techclub-boston at groups.nten.org

 • To email the affinity group moderator(s) (Holly, Kathleen):
  501techclub-boston-moderator at groups.nten.org

 • Stop email from this affinity group:

 • Remove yourself from this affinity group:
  501techclub-boston-remove at groups.nten.org

 • UNSUBSCRIBE or change delivery settings (via the Web):
  http://groups.nten.org/p.htm?m=qs&em=caroline@solutiongrove.com&sk=nSi8q4