[Sugar-devel] Soas2 on EEEPC 901?

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Tue Apr 7 11:09:12 EDT 2009

Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> [adding back sugar-devel to cc]
>
> Sebastian, can we add this driver to Soas2?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tomeu

Heh. That issue goes in the same direction as our multimedia-support
discussion. The driver isn't included in the kernel, and that way not in
  Fedora. Now I guess we could pull it from RPM Fusion (a third party
repository), but I'm not sure if we would run into legal (or any other)
trouble that way...

Somebody suggested some time ago to get the Fedora maintainers to
include some module related to wifi on the Classmate-PC in the kernel,
as they're allowing stuff on a case-by-case basis. But normally, it
seems to be 'it's not ready for the mainline kernel, so it's not ready
for Fedora'.

Don't get me wrong, I think we should really try to get this working
(both the EeePCs, as well as the Classmate-PCs), also as those might
turn out to be good to showcase, but in this case I'm just not sure.

--Sebastian