[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Call for Testers (New Snapshot!)

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sun Apr 5 18:18:57 EDT 2009

Caroline Meeks wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian at when.com
> <mailto:sebastian at when.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Caroline,
>
>     thanks for giving this a try! I added some comments below...
>
>     By the way, would it be okay for you to get a final image by April
>     7th or do you need one earlier?
>

> The ability to burn more then one USB at a time is still not working. If
> it works April 7th is fine.  If it doesn't life is not going to be fun
> for me.

Heh. Okay, I guess we'll see this tomorrow... ;)

> What of my wish list do you think I will get?
>
> Thanks,
> Caroline
>
>         *Here is my wish list.*
>
>         Add to favorites Ring:
>         Slider Puzzle, Jigsaw Puzzle, Story Builder, Typing Turtle,
>         Cartoon Builder,

I hope that everything works well, as I tried to add them manually. That
will turn out in the next snapshot, which should be ready tomorrow.

>         Take out of the favorites Ring
>         Log, Terminal. Read
>
>         Add a book or two for Read then add Read back to the favorites ring

Hm, we'd need some books to grab (preferable from a.sl.o)...

>         Add Scratch and let me test it. It doesn't seem to be on the
>         Activities Portal yet.

Well, this is kind of strange. I can see it's wiki page on laptop.org
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/Scratch), but it seems like if it
doesn't even have a GIT repo anymore (!) - that seems to be unavailable.

As far as I know, it has also not been migrated to SugarLabs, either, so
I'm a bit lost. Is there still any development on this?

>         Fix:
>         Colors, Flipsticks and IRC and add the to the favorites Ring

IRC is working here.

Colors is reporting that it cannot find 'proper binary blobs' (fails
with 'from colorsc import *'), and so is Bounce (fails with 'from pongc
import *'). Maybe we're still missing some dependencies, I'm not yet
sure... probably the activity maintainers know.