[Sugar-devel] XO function on various downloads

Carol Farlow Lerche cafl at msbit.com
Sat Apr 4 13:32:47 EDT 2009

[Sent to devel.l.o ... posting here for reflections from the SugarLabs
knowledge base]

I have made an outline for a google spreadsheet that tries to provide a
checklist of information about XO compatibility for various possible
distributions that an XO owner could choose to put on their hardware.  Would
it be appropriate for knowledgeable persons to fill out this checklist for
the downloads they know about and then we could embed the spreadsheet on a
wiki page?  It is a strawman, so the categories are up for grabs, both as to
appropriateness and phrasing.  I made it editable by public if you login.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pEJkc_JCHyfnT0Iv14D_uBg&hl=en

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
>   > How does this relate to the recent SoaS builds?
>
> They're very similar, indeed.  The rawhide-xo builds have both GNOME
> and Sugar for you to choose between, and we can imagine putting an OLPC
> kernel on to the XO builds to get better support, but otherwise they're
> pretty identical.
>
> - Chris.
> --
> Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary
depends upon his not understanding it." -- Upton Sinclair