[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2009 Proposal: Sugar Grane

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 3 15:36:06 EDT 2009

Eduardo Silva wrote:
> just updated...

"""
 The big difference with Sugar_on_a_Stick, is that we don't keep the OS in
the storage device, sugar_on_a_stick uses an OS  very generic
 and with grane we avoid that, both have different goals.
"""
The technique is different, but how are the goals different?  The
technology is irrelevant; what matters is the user experience.  Why would
Grane provide a significantly better user experience than Sugar-on-a-stick?

 """
 Grane will work over Sugar and Sugar over a very customized OS
environment for the running hardware. It will be designed to
fast-switching between session around different
 computers, computer just contain the Sugar environment and sugar-Grane do
the dirty tasks. Also it will helps to do a hard copy from one
 kid session to another Sugar environment if desired.
"""
I don't understand this.  Note that you can also write proposals in
Spanish, and we can help translate.

--Ben