[Sugar-devel] GSoC proposal: version support for data store and Journal

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 07:17:17 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> The design team at OLPC (most of it are active contributors at SLs)
> had thought quite a bit about how to expose it to the user and we even

A couple of things I'd like people to note as central to the design

 - it has to be simple and natural to prune old versions and documents
 - ... and to display the disk usage of docs and their versions!
 - it has to interop well with the FS underneath
 - it has to interop with the XS-based backups...

Efficiency in terms of storage and performance is incredibly impotrant
when it comes to document storage. Several cycles of design &
implementation have ignored this in our past... and we've paid for
it... lots.

And... we're moving away from generic-ising Sugar's main contact
points. Whatever happened with the idea of riding on gnome's overahaul
of the file picker / manager?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions