[Sugar-devel] ideal flash activity to be remade as karma activity

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 05:10:08 EDT 2009

2009/4/1 Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org>:
> On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 15:45 +0200, Lucian Branescu wrote:
> In the short-term, we need to create some proof-of-concept animations w/
> audio and client-side i18n. It would be great to have at the end of the
> summer some re-usable javascript libraries for lesson plan reader,
> navigation, help, etc.

I'll look into audio (programmable from JS) and i18n. <canvas> is
already proven :)

>> And I really care about adhering to web standards and practices,
>> because it yields incredible code reuse and opportunities for
>> integration. That's why I suggested that you could build Karma so that
>> it works on (most) modern browsers, including Browse. Chrome
>> experiments http://www.chromeexperiments.com/ proves that impressive
>> animations and even 3D is possible with Webkit, Webkit+v8 and Firefox
>> 3.1.
>
> Absolutely, web standards make everyone's life easier

I'd meant to put more emphasis on practices. For interoperability, but
most importantly to make skills transferrable. Web developers would
find a native API being recommended instead of <audio> or <canvas>
unusual and unintuitive.