[sugar] Supporting desktop applications, extending the EWMH spec

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Thu Sep 25 09:15:05 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:37 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at cscott.net> wrote:
> My
> feeling is that metacity will be hard to upstream patches to, and it
> would be more work to get working 'right', since it's pretty much
> designed *not* to be extensible.

I tend to think metacity upstream might take sane patches to address
this use case. (I doubt they would add a UI preference to turn the
mode on and off, but we don't need that).

The netbook Ubuntu guys are trying to go down that way:

<jdub> njpatel: btw, have you considered adding a maximus mode to metacity?
<njpatel> jdub: yep there are some patches, but the initial idea was
not to change from  stock hardy too much. Anyway, the performance
would be better if the maximising were done in Metacity, so I'm going
to try and clean those up and get them accepted when I get some time

Marco