[sugar] composite memory usage [was Re: frame auto-visibility configuration]

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Thu Sep 25 04:09:26 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
>> Personally I think we should first try to debug our graphic
>> performance and see what is slow and if we can do anything about it.
>
> Sure, that's the right fix. AFAIK, XComposite wasn't invented to make
> slow graphics faster.
>
> Which resources are available to try the "right fix"?

*I* am available :) This is one of my top priorities in the next 6 months.

If OLPC makes someone with X experience (or willing to learn!)
available for this task I'm sure we will go faster. But regardless,
it's time to tackle the issue seriously and I'm convinced we can make
big progresses on it, like we are doing with memory usage.

Marco