[sugar] frame auto-visibility configuration

Gary C Martin gary
Wed Sep 24 11:34:30 EDT 2008

On 24 Sep 2008, at 16:12, Erik Garrison wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:03:01AM -0400, Chris Ball wrote:
>> Hi Erik,
>>
>>> Hello all, On tabbing we are currently auto-toggling the frame.
>>> Are we sure that this is necessary?  Could we include a
>>> configuration option to change this?
>>
>> Sounds good, I'd agree with just removing it completely.
>
> Me too.

I thought there was a bug with the current implementation that has
slipped this release cycle. I understood the Frame was to reveal and
then as you alt-tabbed you could see the focus move between the
Activity instances (i.e. no switching has yet happened), and when you
finally release the alt key (on the instance you are really after, not
the Journal ;-b ), that instance is then focused.

I agree if you are just tabbing between 2 instances the frame reveal
is an unnecessary burden, but with 3 activities you'll probably be
focusing on something you don't want 50% of the time (at least most
kids will). More than 3 and you really are just ploughing the XO
through a heap of Activity redraws.

I couldn't find the original trac ticket for this, anyone remember
(wanted to go see where dev stalled)?

--Gary