[sugar] frame auto-visibility configuration

Chris Ball cjb
Wed Sep 24 11:03:01 EDT 2008

Hi Erik,

   > Hello all, On tabbing we are currently auto-toggling the frame.
   > Are we sure that this is necessary?  Could we include a
   > configuration option to change this?

Sounds good, I'd agree with just removing it completely.

   > The attached patch to sugar optionally disables frame appearance if
   > the file /home/olpc/no-frame-on-tabbing exists.  This is just a
   > proof-of-concept hack to make it easier to quickly enable and
   > disable the functionality and observe the performance change.

The patch isn't attached, and the patch I found in the Trac ticket isn't
useful -- it has no lines of context and doesn't even specify which file
is being patched, so it can't be applied; please resend using "diff -u",
or ideally "git diff".

Thanks,

- Chris.
--