[sugar] Tagged Journal Proposal

Bobby Powers bobbypowers
Tue Sep 23 19:36:43 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Eben Eliason <eben.eliason at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm paying attention to this thread, quietly.  I like a lot of this.
> :)  I'll let it continue without interfering, for now, but I wanted to
> point out that the new toolbar design (posted on the wiki) would make
> that "more actions" option much nicer.  For that matter, as Eduardo
> mentions, they don't mean anything until you make a selection, so we
> could reveal them in a toolbar only then, perhaps.

I believe that page for the toolbar design is (correct me if I'm wrong Eben):
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Designs/Toolbars

I also REALLY like this idea.  Perhaps if the journal integrates the
idea of a license icon/tag, content that is backed up to the school
server that is creative commons or similarly licensed could be made
available to other students.  I like the idea of a hierarchy of
aggregation and sharing.  It would also allow a form of non-real-time
collaboration that we currently don't support.

I am a little unsure what the Actions, Objects and Labels tabs do however.

Bobby