[sugar] [RELEASE] Calculate 24

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu
Mon Sep 22 11:09:52 EDT 2008

Hello,

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Reinier Heeres <reinier at heeres.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Simon Schampijer wrote:
>>
>> Reinier Heeres wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I released a new version of Calculate, it's available at:
>>>
>>> http://dev.laptop.org/~rwh/calculate/Calculate-24.xo
>>>
>>> Sources are at:
>>>

>>> http://dev.laptop.org/pub/sugar/sources/calculate-activity/Calculate-24.tar.bz2
>>>
>>> NEWS entries:
>>>
>>> * Division by 0 returns 'Undefined'
>>> * Make 'clear' and 'enter' translatable
>>> * Remove pseudo.po
>>> * Fix ne.po (newlines)
>>> * Fix translations that had taken mul_sym litterally
>>> * Add COPYING and AUTHORS
>>> * Update MANIFEST
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>

>> Hmm you did not use the sucrose branch for your release
>> http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/calculate;a=shortlog;h=sucrose-0.82
>> Translators does push there. We need to get the translations you modified
>> into Pootle - because Pootle does not know how to resolve git conflicts :/
>
> It seems that pootle also doesn't push on this branch, right? Or did people
> work on a different branch in pootle.

Pootle has a separate project for the master branch. There are two
projects, Fructose and Fructose-0.82.

> Sayamindu: is it possible for pootle to pull from git? I have been confused
> about the communication between git and pootle in general; I also modified
> the pot file by adding two strings that were in the source but
> untranslatable.

Unfortunately this kind of scenario creates a Git conflict which has
to be resolved manually. In case you find any problem in the
translations, please file a ticket under the component localization at
dev.laptop.org and I'll fix them on a priority basis (often pinging me
on IRC also works - my nick is unmadindu).
You need not worry about up to date POT generation - Pootle handles
that itself. I think it may make sense to push into git the POT files
that are newly generated.

>> So maybe best revert this commit and send a note to the localization list
>> that the translators can push the changes themselves and then release from
>> the sucrose branch (or discuss with sayamindu how to go best forward).
>
> I would not prefer to take this path since it will involve way more people
> than necessary and possibly be quite a bit slower.

I have resolved the conflict, so it should not cause a problem now.
However, please note that the 0.82 branch is in string freeze and
before marking two more strings in that branch as translatable, you'll
have to ask for approval from the localization list.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta