[sugar] Supporting desktop applications, extending the EWMH spec

Carol Lerche cafl
Sun Sep 21 12:41:42 EDT 2008

Please have a look at

http://www.gimpshop.com/

which corrals the gimp windows to have a more wm friendly face.

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>wrote:

> The X Activity is pretty straight forward. But it does not integrate
> the Sugar copy/paste/theming etc. The point of my question was not so
> much to question those goals as much as to ask if we have data re what
> percentage of "legacy" applications are multiwindow? If it is a small
> percentage, then maybe we shouldn't be so focused on their support at
> the expense of the simplicity we are striving for in the whole. Again,
> as useful as The Gimp is, it is a mess with any WM, so we should be
> wary of it skewing the rest of the discussion.
>
> -walter
>
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
> <bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> >

> --
> Walter Bender
> Sugar Labs
> http://www.sugarlabs.org

"The water won't clear up 'til we get the hogs out of the creek." -- Jim
Hightower