[sugar] Second pass in the 0.84 goals

C. Scott Ananian cscott
Sat Sep 20 10:16:02 EDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did a second pass on the release goals based on Gregorio feedback in the wiki:
> The new pages are here:
> http://sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Roadmap/0.84#Goals

Can I suggest:
 * Improving translation and localization support (multiple fallback
languages, separable translation packs, "click to translate" in the
UI)
 * Revisiting "content bundles" -- the current API is a mess, doesn't
match the documentation on the wiki, is inconsistent with the
activity.info format, etc.  I'd like to consider (a) merging content
and activities -- a bundle ought to be able to have *both* a
library.info *and* an activity.info, (b) using a content format which
is consistent with "offline internet" content -- more or less consider
installing content files as pushing stuff into an offline cache, and
(c) finally doing dynamic generation of the top-level "home" page so
we don't need to run the indexer after installing content bundles.

There are sketched out at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/9.1.0#Suggestions_from_User:CScott
  --scott
--