[sugar] G1G1 Pre-installed Activities Request for Help Testing

Carol Lerche cafl
Fri Sep 19 21:21:41 EDT 2008

This seems weighted toward older kids.  I think you should include all of
gcompris and TuxPaint.  Paint is not a good drawing app for young children
(or anybody else, but I digress).  Colors is good.  Cartoon builder is good
for young kids.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 5:42 PM, jean piche <jean at piche.com> wrote:

> On 08-09-19, at 18:27, Greg Smith wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for the input on which activities to ship!
> >
> > Here is the list of activities I will to management as my suggestion
> > on what we ship.
> >
> > Please help test these! See the end of the e-mail for instructions.
> >
> > The list I recommend is essentially the G1G1 activities (kudos to
> > the team who chose the first set!). In addition to those I list a
> > few which got repeated votes (except Chess and Sudoku which are a
> > concession to SJ ;-)
> >
> > Original G1G1 activities:
> > Browse
> > Read
> > Write
> > Paint
> > Record
> > TamTam Jam, Mini, on fence: Synthlab,  Edit,
> > Chat
> > Pippy
> > Etoys
> > Turtle Art
> > Calculate
> > Measure
> > Distance
> > Memorize
> > Terminal
> > Log
> > Analyze
> >
> > New ones:
> > Help
> > Implode
> > Speak
> > Maze
> > SimCity
> > Scratch
> > Xaos
> > StarChart
> > Moon
> > GCompris Chess
> > GCompris Sudoku
> >
> > The only significant change from the original G1G1 set is the
> > TamTam. I think we should include 2 not 4 so as not to over weight
> > them against other activities.
> >
> > Let me know if anyone has comments on that (Jean can you live with
> > that?).
>
> Yes. However,  I think Mini and Edit would be my picks. Your call.
>

> > Not all of these are sure to make it. On the other hand it's very
> > unlikely that anything else will make it. So if you have an urgent
> > request or a specific concern please speak up now.
> >
> > Of course, anyone can download additional activities so even if an
> > activity is not on this list, it still attracts a lot of users.
> >
> > We need help testing these with the latest 8.2 image. We plan to
> > make a release candidate today and if it passes smoke test we will
> > add the activities and content to create a signed release candidate
> > on Monday!
> >
> > Developers,
> >
> > Please reply with the final version and URL of each activity which
> > we should include in the image. Each one must pass final test and
> > have an active and reachable developer to make the final list.
> >
> > Morgan,
> >
> > can you make sure we have a contact e-mail and name on each of
> [...]

"The water won't clear up 'til we get the hogs out of the creek." -- Jim
Hightower