[sugar] Unannounced String Freeze break ??

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Fri Sep 19 15:27:33 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> While chewing through the translations on the final leg for 8.2, I
> noticed this commit in Sugar.
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=sugar;a=commitdiff;h=afaa5f77dd01948a27575602cf5c655d025990b9
>
> It adds five new strings to sugar, and the patch mentions it does not
> come in the way of string freeze :-S
> (http://dev.laptop.org/attachment/ticket/7480/updated-network-module-for-control-panel-v3.diff).
>
> I am a bit confused. This is definitely a break in string freeze, and
> yet, the patch mentions that string freeze is not affected. Was a
> string freeze break approval asked for in this case ?

I think we approved this in IRC. The reason the patchs says that it
doesn't break the string freeze is that a previous version of the
patch was changing strings, while this one only adds them.

But yeah, we should use trac or email for string breaks . We lost that
in the rush of the final release days :(

Marco