[sugar] control panel keeps focus

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Thu Sep 11 23:55:52 EDT 2008

Was using the Control Panel (called up from the palette of the
central icon in Home View).  Wanted to see which users were online,
so pressed the key to take me to Neighborhood View.  But could see
very little of the Neighborhood View, since the XO was still showing
me the Control Panel as occupying most of the screen.

My question -- should the Control Panel be associated with Home
View, such that calling up any other screen would "hide" the Control
Panel, and allow the information from that other screen to occupy
the entire display area -- or should the Control panel "take over"
what the user sees, such that the user would have to complete what
he was doing with the Control Panel in order for the Control Panel
_NOT_ to "overlay" any other screen that the use might wish to see ?

mikus