[sugar] Closing up 8.2.0.

Michael Stone michael
Tue Sep 9 22:27:06 EDT 2008

Dear devel@,

This is your notification of our serious intent to release 8.2.0 within
the next three weeks, if possible.

   * This week, we intend to publish an unsigned raw OS and an unsigned
     G1G1 derivative image for testing. We will begin our the first-boot
     activation security audit on this image. We also hope to publish
     draft release criteria.

   * Next week, we hope to feel ready to publish a signed candidate raw OS
     and signed G1G1 derivative image. These candidates will undergo
     widespread testing and will be at genuine risk of being released.

   * PLEASE offer your tickets under the 'approval for release' action if
     you have changes that need to be included. See

       http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Trac_ticket_workflow

     for details.

   * PLEASE continue to offer the same dedication and contribution quality
     you've demonstrated of the last four weeks as you fix blockers,
     polish, analyse memory-pressure, conduct exploratory and systematic
     testing, and improve our documentation -- you're doing wonderful work
     and we're all going to really proud (and glad!) of it in just a few
     short weeks.

Thanks,

Michael