[sugar] Gmail Activity

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Tue Sep 9 21:41:23 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 3:02 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have finally gotten around to recreating the Gmail activity based on
> Browse-96.
> There is almost no resemblance to the original gmail activity, which
> was based on the old web activity.
>
> So the question is, do I try to make a giant patch, or just start from scratch?

A diff would be better I think.

We need to address the root problem here though. We can't duplicate
the web activity code in every web based activity like we are doing. I
tend to think it should be part of the 0.84 roadmap (as Stable
activity API). I'm happy to work on refactoring the generic part of
the Browse activity code into hulahop, if you are available to give me
feedback on the requirements and try things out...

I think we should make creating a web based activity as simple as
subclassing hulahop.WebActivity and setting a few properties...

Marco