[sugar] Sugar API documentation

David Farning dfarning
Tue Sep 9 11:02:10 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 16:24 +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> > We certainly could do something equivalent to the Austin sprint. All
> > being in the room together made a big difference for that initial
> > push.
>
> Yes, I'm not sure Sugar developers are in a good moment to travel
> again, but if some people wanted to meet in person we could be at IRC
> answering questions.

Have CCed Greg (the event guy)

Janet provided an interesting link[1] to a doc marathon held by the
scipy guys.

As I saw it, the synergistic value from the sprint came from three
areas:
1.  Overcoming the initial lack of momentum.  Putting a number of
talented writers together in a isolated environment to focus on the
particular task of creating end user documentation.

2.  Finding initial direction.  The hard work of Anne putting together
the initial chapter lists and rough outlines.

3.  Creating momentum.  This was dependent on first meeting 1 and 2.
The combination of various subject matter experts: XO, Sugar and
Technical writing all interacting with the FM tool chain.

I would like to try to put some thing similar together for API
documentation in the next couple of months.

thanks
dfaning

 1.
http://conference.scipy.org/static/wiki/joe_harrington_docmarathon.pdf