[sugar] Chat widget (was PlayGo v2 and v3)

Morgan Collett morgan.collett
Thu Sep 4 08:08:51 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 18:52, Andr?s Ambrois <andresambrois at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I was going to hold off showing it until I had it completely finished, but
> I've been hacking sugar to add an easily embeddable chat for activities, check
> the attached screenshot with the necessary code (that's _all_ the code you
> need to add a chat). If we are going to add both, we need to worry about not
> cluttering the screen.

This is great! We have been intending to implement "overlay chat" in
sugar at some point, since every activity has a telepathy text channel
(XMPP chat room) already. I think Eben was had some ideas about
implementing it in the frame, so that it doesn't take up space, but
some activities could certainly do with an explicit chat feature on
screen.

Ping me when you are ready for review of the sugar code.

Regards
Morgan