[sugar] Sugar on the BeagleBoard using the OpenEmbedded toolkit.

Koen Kooi k.kooi
Wed Sep 3 16:56:47 EDT 2008

Op 3 sep 2008, om 22:14 heeft Edward Cherlin het volgende geschreven:

> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 3:57 AM, Koen Kooi
> <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Op 22 aug 2008, om 02:29 heeft David Farning het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>> Welcome to the Sugar on the BeagleBoard project.  It seems that we
>>> have
>>> all of the pieces in place to do a port.
>
> Very good. Thank you.

<snip>

> I assume that OE is intended to be all Free Software

OE is 'merely' a buildsystem (something like gentoos portage or GNOMEs
jhbuild) and its metadata is MIT licensed.

> , and I see
> scattered references to GPL 2 in the Wiki, but I don't see a clear
> statement on licensing on the main page or in the FAQ. Can somebody
> write one?

I'm unsure what is needed beyond the COPYING.MIT in topdir of the
repository. The licensing of your buildsystem should have no bearing
on the resulting distribution.

> Also, one or more architecture pages showing the toolchain,
> relationships with other Free Software projects, and the structure of
> the resulting builds?

As a buildsystem OE has relationships with the interpreter used
(bitbake, hosted at berlios) and it's users (angstrom, nslu2-linux,
openmoko, etc).

I suspect you are confusing OE with a distribution (which angstrom
is), it is not a distro, it's a distro builder :) If you aren't
confusing it, please elaborate on what you want to know so we can send
the doc team to fix it.

regards,

Koen