[sugar] LiveCD LiveUSB

Martin Dengler martin
Tue Sep 2 08:59:51 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 02:34:14AM -0400, Ivan Krsti? wrote:
> On Sep 1, 2008, at 10:25 PM, Sameer Verma wrote:
> > We should also put it up via torrent.
>
> Why? We have plenty enough bandwidth to satisfy demand over plain HTTP.

I don't know that HTTP server <-> closest POP bandwidth capacity
and/or cost is a reason to discourage torrents; if many seeders are
behind a slow link then the total download speed can be faster for a
leecher on the same side of that slow link.

I expect a low/negative bandwidth advantage of a torrent over HTTP for
the people I can imagine downloading a LiveCD.  Notwithstanding, is
there a reason to discourage it (admin overhead, for example)?

> --
> Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org

Martin