[sugar] Sugarbot Release 0.1

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Mon Sep 1 17:05:10 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Zach Riggle <zachriggle at gmail.com> wrote:
> sugarbot is a GUI automation utility for the OLPC Project's Sugar GUI. It
> provides functionality for developers to write tests for their Activities,
> and monitor those tests in a similar manner to unit-tests. sugarbot supports
> continuous integration with buildbot, so that multiple platforms and host
> configurations may be tested seamlessly.
>
> - What does that mean?
> OLPC developers now have a GUI automation environment that they can use to
> perform regression testing on their Activities. This enhances code
> reliability, and lets developers spend more time developing, and less time
> bug-testing and bug-hunting.
> - Where can I see sugarbot in action?
> A screencast of Sugarbot is available
> here: http://code.google.com/p/sugarbot/downloads/detail?name=ScreenCast2.mp4&can=2&q=#makechanges
> - Where can I get sugarbot?
> Sugarbot's package and documentation is available
> here: http://code.google.com/p/sugarbot/

Sweet!!!

Zach would you be able to participate to the next Sugar meeting? (11
Sep, more info here
http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Meetings#When_and_where)

I think it would be really useful to chat a bit, to understand more
about Sugarbot and to figure out how to integrate it in our
development workflow.

Cheers,
Marco