[sugar] October 29 - Tarballs due for 0.83.1

Torello Querci torello
Thu Oct 30 00:44:11 EDT 2008

Il giorno mer, 29/10/2008 alle 15.20 +0100, Tomeu Vizoso ha scritto:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
> <bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> >> I have stopped work on the DS and Journal because OLPC is apparently
> >> funding the development of a replacement for them
> >
> > Really?
>
> Well, it's at least apparent because both Scott and Erik have
> mentioned in public that they are working on their own replacements.
> OLPC management hasn't told me to stop working on the journal, but I
> don't see how I could keep working on it without risking to lose even
> more of my time. I asked Scott if he could say by Nov 17 if he thought
> that he would be able to ship his journal in 0.84 and he seemed to
> agree.
>
> I didn't got a single comment from OLPC engineers when I asked them
> about my DS replacement, so I guess it wasn't considered a worth
> possibility by them.

Hi Tomeu, from activity writers viewpoint, there are some changes? It is
the DBus message passing changed?
So, it is only e server side replacement or all the datastore design is
changed?

I suppose that you not know this details so this questions are addressed
to Scott and Erik.

Best Regards, Torello.