[sugar] Consolidating the Feature Roadmap

Eben Eliason eben.eliason
Wed Oct 29 16:41:07 EDT 2008

For those that aren't yet aware, a Feature Roadmap [1]  has appeared
in our wiki recently, its goal to lay out a long term strategy for
prioritizing software development on the XO.  It's tied closely to the
Feature Request [2] page, which contains verbatim requests and
requirements by country, to be consolidated and referenced when adding
to the roadmap.

At the bottom of the Feature Roadmap you'll currently find a
"priorities from engineering" section, populated with valuable
feedback, requirements, and other information from all of you folks;
some organized by topic, some by suggester, some not at all.  We need
to formally add all thoughts in this section (and those below it) to
the feature roadmap [3].

Please take a look through the information listed there and attempt to
consolidate and organize into features by next Wed., November 5th.
Please also remove the content from the bottom section once it has
been dealt with.  Any remaining content in the priorities from
engineering section after that date will be dealt with as best I can
manage, but your efforts to reduce the load are much appreciated!

Thanks!

- Eben

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap
[2] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_requests