[sugar] The XO laptop gets a Windows makeover

rihoward1 at gmail.com rihoward1
Sun Oct 26 03:33:22 EDT 2008

It was a very poor experiment and the article had a number of items
of misinformation.  The author of the article did not take advantage
of the fact that she had 2 XOs .  She did not boot both in Sugar to
observe the collaboration capabilities of Sugar and Activities.  If
she had then Sugar would have won hands down.
Windows is pointless as an educational platform.  I have never seen
what I would call an educational application on Windows.  I have seen
rote training applications on Windows.  About all Windows is good for
is in a school training the next generation of low skilled, low wage
support personal for Microsoft with out of date knowledge.

Remember education and training are 2 different concepts.  Education
gives you the ability to reach beyond your base knowledge and to
continue to learn, explore and synthesize ideas and concepts. Rote
training freezes you in time and makes you inflexible.