[sugar] Measure Activity inclusion in Fructose

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero dirakx
Mon Oct 27 21:46:02 EDT 2008

Hello

it has to be included, because it's a nice way of learning how are the graph
and behaviors of different physical attributes translated to electricity.

also it has tons of peripherals extensions..(temperature sensors, EKG..etc)
that are being investigated, although is enhanced to work with the audio
chip of the XO, i think is not very difficult to port it to another
hardware.

 cheers!.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>wrote:

> It is enhanced on the XO because it can use the Microphone port for
> data, but it is very nice to play with Audio on any computer.
>
> -walter
>
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
> <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have to admit that I haven't played a lot with Measure but I heard
> > very good things about it. I have a couple of doubts/questions for
> > everyone:
> >
> > 1 Is the activity useful outside the XO hardware? Does it retain its
> > interest and educational value?
> > 2 Should we include in Fructose activities which are strongly tied to
> > the XO hardware?
> >
> > My answer about 2 would be "no". But since I don't know the answer to
> > 1, I don't know if it's even relevant.
> >
> > Marco

> Walter Bender
> Sugar Labs