[sugar] 9.1 Proposal: Control Facility Improvements

genesee genesee.gbh
Thu Oct 23 21:55:03 EDT 2008

Of course you are right. I see now how my perspective as an isolated G1G1
user does not always jive with the primary XO users, A.K.A. the children of
the world! If  specific deployments are using custom Activity Groups, then
my point is moot. My experience is with the various groups on the wiki,
joyride, G1G1 etc., some of which are massive.
Thanks for the tip, Scott. I only feel slightly silly.

Eben Eliason wrote:

> On the other hand, I appreciate that our primary use case is for
> deployments and entire schools of kids, where the set of activities
> chosen for the update has been carefully selected by the school, and
> might include a handful of new or customized activities for the
> upcoming school year, for instance.  In such a scenario, selecting all
> by default is clearly desired.
>
> I'm not sure what the answer is.  Offering a flag with the activity
> pack somehow could work, I suppose, but makes the idea less pure.
> Maybe adding buttons for "select all/deselect all" and "select
> installed" would be better, to make managing the selection easier and
> more exposed, could work.  Or, perhaps better, we could offer a
> "smart" activity pack in the list for "Installed activities" which
> then presents a list of all installed activities (checked by default,
> just like the other activity packs).
>
> - Eben
>

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 9:09 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at cscott.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> Right-click, "unselect all".  Voila!
>>
>> If only all our 9.1 features were already implemented. ;-)
>>  --scott

?Gracias!
-genesee