[sugar] [Server-devel] 9.1 Proposal: Printing support

Walter Bender walter.bender
Wed Oct 22 08:36:17 EDT 2008

Personally, I am on Yama's side on this one, if only for environmental
reasons. (Although it would be great if someone could design a
solar-powered printer where the toner was simply locally ground-up
charcoal.) But a technical solution whereby some enterprising
Bolivia--the next Marcelo Claure--can set up their own Kinko's-like
service would be perhaps a nice compromise. Marvin Minsky once said:
"Some day paper will be a luxury item for the rich." But in the
meantime, let's enable local entrepreneurship.

-walter

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org