[sugar] Lockdown/preconfiguration for the XO

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu
Mon Oct 20 11:09:10 EDT 2008

Hello,
Since we are moving to GConf on Sugar, something we might consider
investigating would be easy to do lockdown (some people might want to
call that crippling ;-) and preconfiguration for Sugar - which may be
of use to the deployments. GNOME has a tool called Sabayon[1] which
does stuff like this - and this feature can be useful for some of our
customers as well (they can put in a zip file inside the customization
key, and the value of the jabber server hostname would be set and made
read only automagically). I'm not sure how important this is, or if
our customization key already allows us to do such stuff, but it may
be something we might consider as possibility in the long term.
Cheers,
Sayamindu <who suddenly felt like doing a braindump>

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta