[sugar] telepathy-glib and glib 2.16 dependency

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes
Mon Oct 20 05:10:27 EDT 2008

Le vendredi 17 octobre 2008 ? 21:46 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti a
?crit :
> Hello,

Hi Marco

> commit dd2c13d56672d7ff7e69f59138c1bf3493e3dddf
> Author: Guillaume Desmottes <guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk>
> Date:   Fri Oct 17 17:37:36 2008 +0100
>
>     upgrade to telepathy-glib 0.7.17
>
> This adds a dependency on glib 2.16. It would mean to drop support for
> Fedora 8 and the equivalent Ubuntu version. My plan so far was to do
> it after Ubuntu/Fedora releases (the logic being to keep support for
> two latest releases of these major distributions).
>
> Can you explain the reason of the glib version bump so that we can
> better decide on it?

The new telepathy-glib and telepathy-gabble use glib 2.16 new API. You
can revert my commit for now, we don't need this new tp-glib yet. But
we'll do soon as we'll need the futur Gabble release for Gadget.

	G.