[sugar] Activity startup performance

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Sat Oct 18 09:12:21 EDT 2008

Hello,

when I tried out the 0.83 snapshot rpm, I noticed that activity startup felt
unusually fast. I was surprised especially considering the fact that I had
to disable security and hence the preload hack.

So I did a bit testing with two XO running one 2515 and the other 2515 +
sugar 0.83 snapshot. Activity startup is actually a couple of seconds faster
with the latest snapshot and security disabled. A lot of things are
different between the two images, so I'm not sure what is going on, but we
should really investigate.

See my previous mail for instructions on how to set it up:
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/sugar/2008-October/009415.html

Marco