[sugar] 9.1 Proposal: Legacy compatibility.

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Fri Oct 17 16:00:16 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 9:56 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
> <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The way it's done right now is to copy mime information to ~/.local at
> > installation time.
>
> I know.  I personally don't like requiring an "installation step", and
> I think it might be easier to keep the random bits of XDG info
> up-to-date if they weren't mixed in with non-sugar activities.

I tend to agree. I was not defending the implementation actually. (it's not
mine :P)
We should try to improve the whole bundle management, while we do changes
like "mounting" the xo files and integrating them better in the journal...

Marco