[sugar] Fwd: Tagged Journal Proposal

Walter Bender walter.bender
Wed Oct 15 19:08:14 EDT 2008

forgot to reply-all -w

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: Tagged Journal Proposal
To: pgf at laptop.org

Haven't had a chance to review the talk note yet, but one observation
based on Paul's comment:

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 6:03 PM,  <pgf at laptop.org> wrote:
> a few random observations that i had today, prompted by scott's
> talk/demo:
>
>    - while people don't tend to name their jpegs (today), they
>        do tend to group them into folders (e.g. "vacation_pix").
>        the equivalent of this in a tagged world would be bulk
>        tagging.  i assume scott has thought about this in his
>        UI, though i don't recall noticing it.

The Record activity in fact does group photos based upon the session
they were taken. This is the sort of thing that could be delegated to
activities, where the higher-level knowledge to create sets would be
available. As long as there is a way to communicate this to the
datastore/journal we should be OK in this regard. In other words, the
UI should probably be elsewhere.

-walter

--
Walter Bender