[sugar] (very) Little Proposals for 9.1

C. Scott Ananian cscott
Wed Oct 15 19:06:07 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
> I'm surprised at the debate of providing a clock in the Frame.  See
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Tdang/XO_Setup#Add_a_Clock_to_Home_View
>
> I just now put this into Joyride 2515, and got digital clock output
> being shown in the Frame.  [The coding as given by 'Tdang' caused
> the clock to overlay the 2nd-4th icons on the left of the Frame.  I
> don't know python, so I didn't know how to correct this - but it
> should be  8<) "a simple matter of programming".]
>
> If an User can put in a clock, so can the Developers.

I look forward to a refined patch which does not wake up the XO every
second (whether the clock is currently showing or not).

Keep in mind that many times when you're machine is "on" we're
actually suspended and only the display is on: your clock is not going
to update until you move the mouse or type a key to wake up.  A good
UI design would anticipate this, and not force excessive power
usage/wake ups.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )