[sugar] code contributions to Sugar (was Re: Sugar Clock)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Wed Oct 15 04:30:04 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

> P.S. I think this is a good example of why contributing to Sugar is
> necessarily hard.  Many small technical contributions from the community
> require significant policy decisions by the leaders.  When Sugar's
> subsystems are as mature and rationalized as the kernel's, then perhaps we
> will be able to add small components without needing big decisions, but
> that point is still years away.

Anybody has ideas about how we could improve this? One thing that may
help is the recent refactoring that Marco made in the shell. Adding a
clock widget to the frame is now a matter of dropping a .py file in
the extensions/deviceicon directory. What else needs to happen?

Regards,

Tomeu