[sugar] 0.84/9.1 planning.

C. Scott Ananian cscott
Fri Oct 10 15:12:20 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Ed McNierney <ed at laptop.org> wrote:
> It currently looks like the week of November 17 - 21 is our target for our
> planning meeting, so as to avoid travel during the (following) US
> Thanksgiving holiday week.  I concur with Scott's suggestion of having a
> sugarlabs contact connect with SJ to move things forward.

Just to clarify: like our "mini-conferences" in the past, the plan is
to have at least three days full of talks and hacking, so that we all
have a chance to present plans and wild ideas in lots of technical
detail, and listen to talks and presentations from the learning side,
before we have to sit down and draw up concrete priorities and goals
for 9.1.  Hopefully some crazy ideas will seem less crazy when they
are presented in depth, and perhaps some "reasonable" ideas will have
enough holes poked in them during Q&A to shift our thinking as well.

Walter Bender has already said he will be out of the country until
"late in the week", and it's reasonable to expect that the final
knock-down drag-out draw-up-the-big-list summary meeting will be at
the end of all this.  But I'd encourage both sides here to consider
making this a full week of presentation and exploration (and
publication!).

See http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Presentations#Workshops for the archived
results of our previous "big planning meetings".
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )