[sugar] Home view

Bert Freudenberg bert
Thu Oct 9 09:45:22 EDT 2008

Am 09.10.2008 um 14:20 schrieb Mikus Grinbergs:

>> So, how about removing the list view and leaving that task to the
>> Journal? It's a much more logical place anyway, the list view is
>> basically a filtered view of the activity bundles in the Journal,
>> right? So if the Journal allowed a filter to just show activities we
>> would not need the list view and remove one point of confusion.
>
> When I install Activities I do so through 'sugar-install-bundle',
> not through the Journal.  In this proposal, I would be left without
> a GUI listing of the Activities installed on my system.  [I believe
> a customization key does not journalize the Activities it installs,
> either.]

Well, it should. And using the command line should have the same
result as using the GUI.

> My perception of the list view in Home is "here is an user interface
> specifically suited for the manipulation of activity bundles".  I'd
> prefer to delete/upgrade/install activities through here, rather
> than through Journal.  [The other views of Home show activity labels
> only with hovering - I have way too many activities installed for me
> to try to remember what each icon represents.]

Good point. The favorites view should be able to show labels, too. But
the list view gets in the way more often than it is useful for me (and
using activities surely outweighs installing/removing activities by
far).

- Bert -