[sugar] Activities can't be "hidden" any more

Morgan Collett morgan.collett
Thu Oct 9 05:13:44 EDT 2008

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_bundles#.info_File_Format still says:

----- quote -----
show_launcher = yes

This key is optional. If not present, or if present with a value of
"yes", the activity is shown with its icon in the Sugar panel launcher
and a valid 'icon' key/value pair is required. If specified with a
value of "no", the activity is not shown in the Sugar panel launcher,
and the 'icon' key is not required.
----- end quote -----

However, as seen with Read, since the Home View redesign this no
longer has affect. If Read is starred, it is displayed on the
favourites view, not respecting the show_launcher field.

Mikus and I have been discussing the implications of this for
activities which don't generate content and are only useful if
launched from the Journal with content (or joined in a collaborative
session which provides content).

Can somebody confirm that this field is no longer of effect, so we can
update the wiki page and expectations, or if this was an oversight,
can we discuss what we really want?

Regards
Morgan