[sugar] Give a Laptop, Change the World : G1G1 2008

Christopher Sawtell csawtell
Wed Oct 8 20:51:42 EDT 2008

2008/10/8 Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net>:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 11:49 PM, Samuel Klein <sj at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>> The laptops feature the latest release of the Sugar window manager, ...
>
> I think we should be able to find a better term than "window manager",
> Matchbox is the window manager used in 8.2 and it hasn't been modified
> by OLPC. Some suggestions:
>
> - learning environment,

intuitive student's learning environment,
interactive student's learning environment,
international student's learning environment,

All to be pronounced the same as "Isle". A small island.

imho the word 'Sugar' should be avoided simply because it's completely
meaningless to an uninitiated target audience.

--
Sincerely etc.
Christopher Sawtell

--